Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

PIQF Day 1

Anna Hergert





Drove to San Jose yesterday to spend the night with my brother-in-law Art and his wife Deanna.  Traffic has certainly not gotten better...but remembering old times with Art, who went to the same high school as I, has gotten better.





More of Anna's work

Anna's wonderful kanta
Took over an hour to negotiate traffic this morning to get to the Santa Clara Convention Center.  I made it to my kanta cloth class with one minute to spare.  My teacher, Anna Hergert, is from Moose Jaw, Canada.  To quote her, kanta is "embellishing fabric with humble running stitches to achieve sensational textures."  This is what we did in the class, which lasted all day.  I made a fast run through the exhibits, but left the real viewing (and shopping) for tomorrow.



My practice piece

New 49er stadium

Did see the new stadium for the San Francisco 49'ers.  Didn't realize it was across the street from the conference center.







No comments:

Post a Comment