Translate

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Singapore Day 2

Vegetable decoration demonstration

 As mentioned yesterday, I did not have a great night's sleep last night. I am trying to stay up all day long today to re-adjust my body to the new time zone. So far it appears to be succeeding. Today is a day at sea. Wish this was a quilting cruise, then I could be doing something structured. I did go to a introduction to Bangkok and Koi Samui, which will be our next two ports of call, tomorrow and the next day. Tanis and I have signed up for a tour of Bangkok, and the next day, a cooking class. Looking forward to this.


Death by chocolate
Tonight was a formal dinner night, so Tanis and I dressed in our finery (such as it is) and had a very nice dinner. I chose to have the Celebration of 50th Anniversay dinner, which featured choices from the Sixties to today...basically a representative dish of each era. How tastes have changed, and am I glad. For instance, the choice from the Sixties, the Nouveau Classic era, was Duck Terrine, Apricot Preserves and brioche with Pocini Mushroom Cappuccino Soup with pesto and garlic chips. Dessert was Moist Chocolate Dome with Raspberry Crème Brulee and Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse...death by chocolate.

2 comments: