Translate

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Singapore Day 4


Nora Resort view
Great day today, but not without its fraught moments. Tanis had gone back to the room to get her pills, and left her ship's card there. Without the ship's card you cannot get on or off the ship. She discovered this as we were going to board the tender to be ferried ashore. I went ahead and she went back to explain. Tanis never caught up with the bus (which was actually ferried to Ko Samui for the tour, as buses are not allowed on the island), so I was feeling especially bad on the 45 minute trip to our cooking class site. When we got there, Tanis was already there, as she had come by private van! All is good.

Ready to cook!!




The cooking class was held at the Nora Shore Resort & Spa. Well done, as we made pork and crab stuffed crab, and pad Thai. Both were fun and easy to make, guess I have to treat the family to homemade pad thai now. No dried shrimp in the pad thai, thank you, but we did have dried turnip which I thought was yummy, but Tanis was not too sure about.


After eating what we cooked, with additional chicken with coconut milk soup, and fresh fruit for dessert, we went swimming in the hotel's pool, and generally lazed around until the bus ride back, then back on the ship again. Day at sea tomorrow, then Singapore the day after.

Stuffed crab shell ingredients


Yummy stuffed crab, by me















Pad thai ingredients, pt 1
Pad thai ingredients, pt 2















Tanis' pad Thai


My pad Thai





10 comments:

  1. Mother- Ill comment just to indicate I read this ; )
    Pad Thai very easy to make- we can make together when you get back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the internet set up allow photos? I'll bet the marketplace was colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't fussed with pictures yet, but I will.

      Delete
  3. So are you in Singapore as I was under the impression it was an Islamic country and they cooking pork sorry Aunt MaryAnn it's puzzled Parm 😳😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually in Thailand and it's Buddhist. Singapore is pretty much everything, Buddhist, Moslem, Sikh, Hindu, Christian

      Delete
  4. I look forward to the Pad Thai Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when you do Pad Thai! Actually, I want to try making chana masala in the pressure cooker, so let me know if you have a good recipe for that.

    ReplyDelete