Translate

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Japan Day 7

Wow, the Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival certainly lives up to its name. Hundreds of quilts, hundreds of vendors and thousands of people. This post is going to be mostly quilt pictures, quilts followed by a detail picture if I took one.
i do love Paisley's.
Not a detail.A quilt made for a charity raffle: theme, "My favorite animal," about 10x50-4" blocks. There were lots and lots of these.
More detail with embroidery and appliqué.
Interesting technique.
For my daughter Holly.
Embroidery.
Second place winner.
These yoyos are one inch and smaller, sometimes much smaller.
Detail of the third place winner, about 4" squares. The starting square is less than an inch.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I'm playing catch up....Sorry I lost touch for a few days. Was in Chico and I left my laptop at home. Your trip is wonderful and your photos are so great. The quilts - well, where can I start??? The close attention to detail, the applique (OMG)...seriously those animal quilts are 4" blocks??? How many hours were you at the quilt show? All of the lovely things to see and do. Thanks for all the photos.

    ReplyDelete