Translate

Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 5--Sun in Surrey

Dragged my grand-daughter to Surrey BC for obligatory family visits.  A beautiful day, as you can see by the sky as we left Vancouver over the Alex Fraser Bridge.  I really like looking at this bridge with its suspension lines.  It reminds me of Bells Bridge in Glasgow Scotland but is much larger.

Stopped at Frontier Cloth Shop in Surrey where I bought some plain cotton suit pieces that will be great background material.  What a buy! 5 m pieces for $9 canadian each.  Then visited my husband's cousin and her family.  While there went with her daughter to Fabricland.  Disappointed with Fabricland--prices in Canada approach the stratosphere ($25/m) and the choice in this store was not great.  All I bought was a remanent for the twister Halloween quilt I'm in the process of making.  Then visited two other homes...this took all day and lots of cups of tea.

On the way home stopped at the Nanak Sher Sikh Guruwara to pay our respects.  Caught my grand-daughter, Sienna, coming toward me as I took the picture.
After we got back home we decided to go out for Chinese (very tasty) and then drove and walked the UBC campus with Simer and Amar.








No comments:

Post a Comment