Translate

Monday, June 9, 2014

England and Ireland---Day 3

Village church in Bray
Off to Birmingham today, just Moni and I.  Still have trouble with "wrong side" driving, and feel way too close to the car on my left.  Drivers cut closer here than in the States and I spend a lot of time stepping on my non-existent brake.

Tony the barman

Navi, Moni's daughter, wanted us to stop by the cricket field in the village of Bray, which is a typical English village.  Navi treated me to a Pimms, the quintessential summer drink of England, at least according to Navi.  Very like a sangria or fruit punch, nice and refreshing, and not too alcoholic.  After a snack lunch at Navi's it was off to the motorway and our trip   to the Midlands.

Navi and her family





A Midlands sky




Parm Braich


Paulo
Saw all the relatives in Birmingham today.  Amazing that we could get it all done in one day.  First stop was at Paulo's, where we also caught up with Parm and his wife.  After discussing it, other than Facebook, Parm and I haven't see each other for about 22 years.





Dalli and his family
Next, on the Dalbir's house.  Dal is Parm's brother who drove us all over when we were in England in 1994.  By all over I mean all the way from Kent to Glasgow in Scotland.  We met his wife and daughters, as well as a cousin and his wife.

Baksho and granddaughter

 Final visit was to Baksho, Paulo's sister's house.
Off to Coventry to spend the night at Sukhdev's house.

2 comments:

  1. So great to see everyone's faces! It has been much longer for me. Take a pic of the Godiva clock- or is that Birmingham?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it is Coventry, but we did not go near downtown. I will try to find a picture and post it for you.

    ReplyDelete