Translate

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

England and Ireland---Day 5

 
Lady Godiva






Although I did not see the Godiva statue on this trip to Coventry, I am posting a picture for Surani.  We did not go anywhere near downtown, and, as a matter of fact, I have not seen any fabric stores either.  Money saved!


$2.19/liter = About $8.76/gal !!



Afternoon tea, latte and scone




After leaving Coventry we drove back to Ascot.  After this we drove to Bracknell to the City Centre Mall so Moni could get some mobile phone things done.  Shopping at Bentall Department Store, I bought a cup to replace one I broke recently, and Moni bought me one with red poppies on it.  Afternoon tea was in Nero's, in the Bentall, but was a latté and a scone rather than tea.






Ranj and Amaya
We then drove to Aldershot to pick up Amaya from her nursery-child care, and then home.  Moni did a lot of driving today, and I still think English drivers cut in too close, but I saw all kinds of roads, from fairly small country lanes to the M4, which is a busy four to six lane freeway (or dual carriageway, if you prefer.)


More English sky


Typical English garden

A busy British bee




No comments:

Post a Comment