Translate

Saturday, June 7, 2014

England and Ireland, Day 1

Actually more like Day -1, Day 0, and Day 1, as I had forgotten how disorienting travelling to the east is.  I drove a car load to Santa Rosa, unloaded, then off to Oakland, where I stayed the night with Rob.  Cold in the Bay Area, but they certainly grow great flowers.  Rob and I went to Rockridge for pizza at Zachery's.  Very nice deep-dish, Chicago style pizza.

                                                  Slept very well on Patrick's contribution to Rob's apartment,a
My first adventure-BART

sleeper sofa, then up and off to BART.  This was my first time going under the Bay, and what surprised me was the pressure as you go into the trans-bay tube.  Rode to SFO and, with a short walk, and no lines, had checked into United.  I was not charged for my suitcase, and I wonder if it was because my flight was international.  Anyone know?


Crapper...really



Plane flight was only nine hours, and since we took off at about 1:00 in the afternoon, it was only 10:00 PM by my internal clock by the time we reached Heathrow.  I did not sleep on the flight, so by the time we reached Moni and Manjit's I was tired.  Took a two hour nap, then spent the rest of the day jet lagged.


"Real" fish and chips

Had fish and chips for dinner, stayed up until I could not stand it anymore, and off to bed by 9:00.

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering just looking at the fish and chips! Lots of salt and vinegar?
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can take 1 bag free international says Patrick

    ReplyDelete