Translate

Saturday, June 14, 2014

England and Ireland---Day 9

Now have a list of new things I want to do in England, next time.  Kew Gardens, Darwin's home Down House, and a narrow boat cruise in the canals of England.  Now I have to decide when to come again so I can convince Moni to go on the narrow boat cruise.
Lawn daisies

Today was a very relaxed day.  Wet out as there was a thunder and lightning storm last night, and scattered showers today, sometimes heavy.  All said, I have been very lucky with the weather on this trip so far.  If anything, its been too warm, or at least warmer than I expected.

In front of Windsor castle


Drove into Slough today to change some dollars to euros.  Don't need a lot as cards are accepted at most places, but I like to have for incidental purchases.  After this we drove Aanya to junior zumba at Wentworth Club and sat and had coffee while we waited.  I was multi-tasking because my wash was being dried in Ascot as we sat.

Swans on the Thames
Moni, Ranj, Aanya and I went out for dinner at Harvester, where I had a nice fish and chips meal.  After this, we drove to Windsor and walked by the castle, and then down by the River Thames.  There Aanya had a good time feeding bread to the Queen's swans.  Then home to pack for my departure to Ireland tomorrow.
A royal feather






No comments:

Post a Comment