Translate

Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 12---Anita Grossman Solomon

Since today is at sea, I had a class—Mitered Log Cabin by Anita Grossman Solomon, who has the “Make It Simpler” theme. I actually owned her book before the cruise and made a quilt out of one of her blocks for my niece, Lara. I actually used sewing machines to make patches for the first time on this cruise. Very interesting discussion of color and value before we did our blocks which I think will come in handly for later quilting.

Saw some dolphins today at lunch, and lots of turtles this afternoon. Photos impossible to take as you basically have to snap the shutter before the animal leaps.


After our last formal dinner tonight I had a “Travel Photography” class in which we presented our best five photos for critique. Some nice photos taken, and mine seem to be well received except that I had date and time stamped all of them. Easy enough to remove later, which I will do. I am actually going to try to upload them tonight, if it doesn't work, oh well, there's always time when I get home.

1 comment: