Translate

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 7--- Free Motion with Patt Blair



Rose with the ship heading nearly due west...hard to remember that Panama is east of Costa Rica, I always seem to think that the Caribbean is east of Costa Rica when it is really north of the country. Makes sense that we would head west then, right?  I was a little out of line last night when I said we were heading north, how easy to forget geography when it seems to defy logic.

I had a free motion quilting class with Patt Blair today. First time I have done much free motion, so I practiced a lot with small quilt sandwiches I had made, and then finally worked on my large sampler after lunch. Enjoyed the experience, and will try to finish the sampler while I have use of the nice Janome machines they have here. Don't know if I would ever do a bed-sized quilt on a domestic machine without using a frame, but would now consider it with a frame.

Weather today was very nice, not as hot as it was in Columbia and Panama, although I think it was just lower humidity that led to the comfort. Thunder and lightning storm at sundown which was pretty exciting. Formal night tonight, and Pam got dressed up (Holland America has a very relaxed definition of formal.) and we had a nice dinner...rack of lamb: tasty, tasty.


Pam is going on a tour of Costa Rica tomorrow and I'm staying on the ship, as I have done all the tours from previous trips to Costa Rica. Laundry day and hand-sewing for me, as I finished Divergent yesterday and don't have the next book on my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment