Translate

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 9---Free Motion with Freida



At sea today heading toward our first port in Mexico, Puerto Chiapas. I had a free motion quilting class with Freida Anderson, who does a lot of small, fused art-type quilts. Unknown to me until I got to the class was the fact that I own one of her quilt patterns, Daffodils. Patt and Freida have different approaches to free motion, so I learned some more, different things today, plus got a lot of practice, which I need if I'm ever going to quilt my own things. Freida does do feathers, which Patt does not do at all, so that was and interesting technique to learn.

Pam did her usual bridge sessions, and thinks her play is somewhat better than it was before.

After dinner tonight (yummy cold strawberry bisque for a starter) there was a Mola class. Unfortunately for me, fortunate for someone who got my place, service was slow at my table, so I didn't get to the room until 7:10, ten minutes late. My packet went to someone else, and I was sorely disappointed, as mola is reverse applique and I was greatly looking forward to the class. At least I got the instructions, and it isn't really hard, so I can deal with it.

Seas really rough during the night last night, but calmed down by noon.  Lots of birds and some dolphins sighted...not by me.  Clear day, not too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment