Translate

Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 4---Melinda Bula Hibiscus

Melinda in action
Finished hibiscus





Today was my first real quilting class, a fusible web class, “Hibiscus,” with Melinda Bula. Melinda was actually at Valley Quilt Guild last year, so her work was not entirely unknown to me.  



The kit, beginning
Enjoyable class most playing at paper dolls: we fused and then cut out pieces to “paint with fabric,” a hibiscus. After it is done, and I'm no where near there, it is thread-painted as a wall hanging. I had fun in the class even though fusible is not my favorite type of applique—needle-turn is.
As far as I got today











Seas were very rough today, with the ship a-rockin and a-rollin all day, actually worse tonight. My classroom was today was part of the dining room where we could see outside, which didn't help. After a trip to my cabin for the Dramamine and ginger chews I was much better. All I had for lunch was one hard roll and a ginger ale, but by dinner time I was quite recovered and had a good meal. Pam and I made it to the show tonight, an illusionist, Jon Stetson, who consults for “The Mentalist.” Quite good.

Tonight's towel animal
A crab







2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary Ann! Glad the ginger did the trick. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take a class from Melinda. She is so stinkin' talented! Would not love the rock and roll tho. Looking forward to seeing pix of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete