Translate

Saturday, April 19, 2014

DAY 3---Travel Photography Class

Whoa, weird.  Brought up my post to add photos, only to discover that I had never posted anything.  So here's the post, luckily saved on my office program.

Class assignment
Floor in the ship
Close up--great stone work
Travel photography to day all day with Greg Case. I learned a bunch of new things, as well as was reminded of old things I knew from the photography class I took in 1970 or so. Actually read part of my manual (what's this about reading directions?) and learned how to put grid lines on the screen, a very helpful tool, how to take closer close-ups than I've been taking, and kinda how to track action (need to work on this one). 



Class assignment
Photo of someone at work
One of our assignments was to go up to a stranger and ask to take a picture of them, a surprisingly hard thing to do, but I did it and got a picture I'm proud of.

Most interesting was taking a vertical picture of something
that usually is photographed horizontally.
Off the side of the ship














Great lobster

Today was formal dinner, so I went to dinner without Pam, who chose not to get dressed up. Not a problem in the dining room, as we always share a table with anyone who comes along. This leads to some interesting conversation. I had broiled lobster and a very chocolatey chocolate souffle for dessert. Went to a show after with a funny comedienne, Julie Barr. Nice day at sea.

Towel animals at night




No comments:

Post a Comment