Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 10-Picton


Picton today---lovely little town where I checked the phone book to see if Jim and Randi had a landline with a listed number, which they don't. Will have to wait until I'm off the ship and back in Wellington to see them.

My flowers
Tanis' flowers

Arriving at the wharf today was very nice because the ladies of Picton had made tiny corsages of local flowers and leaves, what a nice greeting. The town itself is very small and Tanis and I walked High Street in about 30 minutes. The scenery is spectacular and I can see why Jim and Randi like it here. We then walked over to the public jetty (we are berthed at the commercial harbor, with lots of security) where there was a craft fair being held. After poking around for a bit we came back to the ship early, about noon.

I have no pictures of Picton itself, as I decided that since I will see it with Jim and Randi next week, I will wait until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment