Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 6--another day at sea

My first hibiscus

A very quiet day at sea...although with two-one hour time changes in two days, our bodies are a little confused. We are now on New Zealand time, so more changes on this trip. I did not realize that NZ is two time zones earlier than Australia, did you?

Since this was a day at sea, I had the second day of the tifaifai class. I at least finished one hibiscus and the stems and leaves, and traced and glued the second flower, but since I have decided to do a traditional tifaifai, I have a total of eight flowers to do. I do have a-ways to go.




The view from our window
"Water, water, everywhere..."
The Tasman Sea has had eight to ten foot swells today, and the ship is “a-rockin' and a-rollin” but I have had no problems. The more experienced cruisers among us all say that this has been a remarkably smooth crossing of the Tasman. Cloudy sunshine today, but at least we have had no rain at all except for a little misty drizzle in Hobart. Let me tell you, however, that when the ship hits a wave we really hear the “boom.”

Bay Scallop Cocktail







Dinner tonight was very good. I had “Bay Scallop Cocktail with Pancetta & Sage Vinaigrette” served over frisee salad with crisp italian bacon and sage dressing, followed by “Chilled Sour Cherry Soup with Pinot Noir” spiced with cloves and cinnamon. If it says “Sour Cherry” I will eat it! My entree was “Grilled Sirloin Tip Steak 'Diane' with Red Wine-Mushroom Sauce,” wilted spinach, carrot bundle and almond potato croquettes. I cleaned all my dishes!! This menu was for the foodies among you, Cass, Katrina, etc. The nice thing is that the portions are a nice size—you know you've had it without having to force yourself to finish.



I have discovered I can spend very little time on the internet when it costs 69¢ a minute!!

3 comments:

  1. Any chance you might bring the chef home with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hibiscus and the pictures of your food, I'm with Claire bring the chef home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear the rockin', rollin', rough seas haven't diminished your appetite, 'cause that meal looks and sounds delicious! -Rob & Kat

    ReplyDelete