Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 4--A Lazy Day in Blenheim

My favorite beer
from Jim's brewery
Brew hall with all the fermenters
Since we have been doing so much walking, Randi and I decided to take the day off--sorta.  First thing was to do a wash...I was getting into desperate straits as far as underwear went (TMI?)  First we went to the Renaissance Brewery to see where Jim works, and I got to taste and tour the small brewery.  Next we drove to the CBD (central business district) where we went to an art gallery and then walked the main section of town, about four square blocks.  I picked up plastic mailing envelopes to mail some fabric home so my suitcase wouldn't be so heavy.
Low door---read the sign
Don't the hills look like San Jose?
CBD of Blenheim











New Zealand brown duck
Imaginative name

After lunch we went to Pollard Park to feed ducks and walk around.  Very pleasant park, but I wish they would label their trees so I would know at what I was looking.



Made curried chicken with basmati rice and roti for Jim and Randi tonight.  They do have an Indian store/restaurant in town run by some Brar's from Batinda.  Small but a nice selection.
Don't complain about US gas prices.  That's NZ$2.10
a liter, about $8 a gallon

1 comment: