Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 12--At Sea

This is being published late because a)  there was now internet reception on the ship, and b) I refuse to spend 69  a minute for internet.  Thank you, Princess Cruise Lines


A new Sylvia Pippen
quilt I intend to make
Koala in a Eucalypt
At sea today, and as such had our last quilt class. I know for myself, although I have been stitching on sashiko when I had a chance, that I was going through quilting withdrawal. Class today was “Koala in a Eucalypt” and was well attended. I almost finished the central part---a little applique on the koala and I'm done. I will put the borders on at home.





The Teachers
Sue Daley, Australia, Sue Spargo, Australia, Sylvia Pippen, Hawaii
English paper piecing, wool work, sashiko respectively
Our last formal dinner, the Captain's Jubilee Dinner, involved lobster and such, but no picture, as I had pants with no pockets, so no camera.  After dinner,  all those on the quilting cruise met up top the ship to show what we had done. Some of the projects from the other classes were very nice.
More wool work
I like the left especially



Wool work from Sue Spargo's class






1 comment:

  1. Shame, shame, Grasshopper - in the future pants with pockets for camera! Love the koala - will look forward to seeing finished products at Show & Tell. Thanks again for your blog.

    ReplyDelete